Cities and Territories of Peace Forum
The next World Cities and Territories of Peace Forum will take place on 26-28 October. Save the date and present your city's good practices!
This meeting is a multi-stakeholder and multi-level forum that highlights the importance of building coexistence and peace in cities and territories, as well as the need to identify the causes of tension and violence, in order to implement public policies, programmes and citizen initiatives that help to build culture and education for peace.
The Forum’s International Organizing Committee (IOC) met on 14 September, to brief members on the latest updates The IAEC is a member of the IOC.
The event will be based in Mexico City but may also be followed online. One of the outcomes of the Forum will be the Declaration of Mexico City, drafted in ia participative manner.
The IOC also agreed on the creation of a permanent technical Secretariat that will ensure the sustainability and continutiy of the Forum. UCLG (United Cities and Local Governments) will be in charge of this Secretariat, with the support of United Nations (UNDP). The city of Bogotá offers to organize the IV Cities of Peace Forum.
We kindly invite you to submit your city’s good practices related to the Forum’s axes:
– Welcoming migrations in the cities
– Facing the gaps: social, economic, and territorial inequalities
– Eradicating violence against women and LGBT+ people
– Promoting measures against racism, xenophobia, aporophobia, homophobia and other forms of intolerance
– Cities and territories that are free of corruption
– Countering violent extremism
– Building territories that are free of interpersonal violence
More information at the Forum’s website.