- European volunteers (project Águeda Volunteering Land, Erasmus +) present the international day, with the help of the dedicated song and video, to the pupils of the curricular enrichment program.
- Volunteers (project VolunteersPoint 2.0, Erasmus +) carry out a dynamic with high school students to reflect on the resources of the city and improvement avenues.
- Presentation of the new Childhood and Adolescence Plan, with the participation of the pupils of the municipal theatre school.
- “Come and learn: open door days”: guided visits to municipal buildings (City Council, Market, Adult Learning Center, House of Culture, etc) with the aim of raising awareness on the main function of each building and how it contributes to improve the life of the city inhabitants.
- “Connecting generations”: activity targeted to young people aged 16-18 and seniors over 65 years old. The objective is to promote the participation of youth in the community with learning initiatives that improve older people’s digital competencies and reduce the digital divide.
Act of recognition to the work carried out by the Parents' Associations of the city.
Activities for children and adults involving several forms of artistic expression: painting, dance, art therapy, theatre, meeting of youth music bands, etc.
Alcoi organised storytelling events: one intended for sixth grade pupils and the other aimed at adults. The latter included the reading of the manifesto and the presentation of the video prepared to celebrate the International Day.
- City council session for children of the city (with the Mayor).
- City council session for youth, focused on raising awareness of values such tolerance, participation and sense of citizenship.
- Song of the International Day of the Educating City.
- Presentation of the Campaign #YesEducatingCity.
- Presentation by Keveni Fernandes, Lifeshaker Association, on his participation at the Youth .Programme of the 15th International Congress of Educating Cities.
Working days “The city as an educational space”:
- Conferences aimed at reflecting on key issues of Educating Cities.
- Presentation of successful projects of other IAEC member cities, related to service-learning and educating for a global citizenship.
- Talk at the schools related to the theme of the 3rd edition of the International Day: “Building a Network of Shared Commitments”.
- Dedicated radio programme, with the Mayor, the City Councillor for Education, Technical Staff of the City Council and children of the city.
- Conference for general public.
- Recreational activities for citizens.
In celebration of the International Day of Educating Cities, exhibition of poetry literacy will be held on 30th Nov, 2018.
- Charity event “Responsibility and the Environment“: local authorities and neighbours collect waste from the streets and plant trees.
- Installation of playgrounds, benches, tables and waste bins.
- Educating conference on solid waste management and taking care of the environment, by the company: Cafitos Reciclados.
- Wall painting by young people.
- Joint event by the cities of Avilés and Gijón, with the public reading of the manifesto by the Education City Councillors of both cities
- Photocall: “I Commit To”. Pupils of the Social Integration Module (High School Carreño Miranda) are in charge of taking the pictures and making a video of the event. Schools of the city have received in advance videos on the concept of educating city to prepare the materials.
- Workshop: Audio-visual media and social transformation
- Singing of the educating city song
- Open school yards, with several recreational activities to celebrate the International day
- Education Day: conferences, activities and workshops with a focus on intergenerational relationships.
- Visit to the solar panels used to provide energy at the local schools and green energy workshop for pupils aged 5-11.
- Performance of the Educating City Song by children of a local school.
- Exhibition of photography projects prepared by high school students with the theme of urban areas that they are happy with or that need improvement.
- Healthy breakfast at local primary and secondary schools.
Concert: Joining voices for Caguas, Educating City! Featuring the Educating City Song (among other musical pieces). Streaming via Facebook Live.
- Leisure and educative activities for children and citizens, in schools and public areas.
Thematic workshops addressed to families and children/young of different ages. There will be a special opening of CIAF - Center for Childhood, Adolescence and Family of Castelfiorentino on Thursday 29th November from 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm.
- Reading of the Educating Cities Charter and Manifesto at the educations centers of the city.
- Presentation of the City’s 0-3 years educational model.
- Children and Adolescence Participation Council at the plenary hall.
- Children’s Theatre Week.
- Activities to combat violence against women.
- Guided visits, educational games and activities at parks.
- Tribute to retired teachers.
Seongsan Art Hall, November 30th, Classical Music Concert.
- Celebration: “Cieza Educating City”
- Educating City Song interpretation and screening of the video “Ciudad Real Educating City”.
- Healthy breakfast.
- Workshops and recreational activities related to recycling and the environment, responsible consumption, equality, etc.
- Origami I Commit To.
- Wall painting: Ciutadella, a city for everyone. Open doors for its preparation, opening on 30th November
- Conference: “Me and my city, who educates whom?”, by Eulàlia Bosch
- Award of the first edition of the Prize “Good Practice of Educating City” to a project carried out by a local citizen.
- Interpretation of the Educating City Song.
- Sports activities for local schools’ pupils
- During the event the Mayor will read the manifesto of the 2018 International Day
- Origami I Commit To.
Con objeto de reivindicar la recuperación del espacio público para el juego y favorecer las relaciones comunitarias.
• Día 29: Taller de circo, Taller de teatro, Tu modelo de ciudad, Espacio de movimiento, Espacio de construcción, Taller de pan, Ciudad educadora y chapas reflexivas, Taller primeros auxilios, Teatro Infantil, Juegos tradicionales con colectivo de personas mayores del proyecto Ciudad Amigable.
• Día 30: Cultura vasca y txalaparta, juegos de mesa, Talleres de estampación, Cuenta Cuentos.
- Programme “Cornellà learns”, with the goal of disseminating and promoting projects related to lifelong learning. Highlighting projects of individual and group success and stressing the importance of talent in improving the city.
- Conference for citizens: “Educating City, Citizens
Dangjin City Lifelong Learning Network workshop:
- Special lecture on Global Citizenship Education
- Network activity with the participation of 40 Lifelong education practitioners
Conference at the Cultural Center: Understand the misunderstandings between teachers and families.
Programme prepared to disseminate the values of recycling, environmental protection, health, use of public space and participation.
- Activity for children: drawing the perfect city (with pencils that can be planted after use).
- Round table with a mediator to bring together the experience of parents and children
- Creating musical instruments with waste, which is recycled afterwards.
- Reuse clothes to create new designs.
- Council for Children.
- Conference for public servants: “How can governments promote educating cities”? by Eulàlia Bosch.
- Meeting of local sport and social entities to raise awareness on the educating role of social agents: exchange of good practices and recreational activities open for citizens.
- Award ceremony – Ferreries Educating City to good local practices that contribute to the construction of an educating city.
- Theatre play: “Come and be a hero”.
- Activity: “Children and Participation”.
- Raising of the educating cities’ flag and interpretation of the dedicated song.
- Conference: “Water distribution in the city of Funchal”.
- Political engagement with the Educating City.
- Endorsement of the Local Education Project.
- Recreational activities for children: group games focused on the protection of the environment, collaborative space for healthy food and cooking and reading areas.
- Online activity to show the actions that citizens can undertake to be active educating agents: posting of pictures with the hashtag #ICommitTo
- Interpretation of the Educating City Song.
Programme of activities organised with several local entities and organisations related to education and learning.
• How to look for accurate health information online
• Readings and games to activate your mind
• Gender equality from a multicultural standpoint
• “Cell phones are also for the elderly”
• Gijón’s Oceanographic Center
• 'Second chance school” of the City Council of Gijón
• Tour: What you didn’t know about parks
• “Living in a Roman villa”
• Scientific walk through Gijón
• Visit the local meteorological observatory
• Open days: the Suañu House of Community Initiatives
Conferences: “Living with Asperger’s”; “Mythology and Astronomy”.
Other activities: Surviving in the sea; Life-saving appliances; Using maritime navigation simulators; Playing golf in family: Gijón Youth Choir Concert.
On the 3rd Edition of the Week of the Educating City, Girona wishes to acknowledge the city’s engagement with literacy. The city offers and promotes education activities that help transform the city, improving the quality of life of its citizens.
• Celebration of the international day with the recognition of the commitment of the city with adult literacy, musical performance by the Geriona Choir and reading of the manifesto by the Mayor.
• Opening of the exhibitions: “Girona, Educating City” and “Mathematic Experiences”
- Does the city belong to its people? Discussion on the concept of educating city and the city model, aimed at a young audience.
- Dialogue: “Who and what educates the city”? by Mon Marquès, Dr. in Pedagogy and professor emeritus (University of Girona) and Josep Centelles, industrial engineer and advisor on urban strategies and local governance.
-“The roulette of finding a job”: Activity for people seeking employment.
- 1st Seminar on Innovation and Enterpreneurship in Professional Training in Girona.
- Workshop on hip-hop culture in Girona and Salt.
• Open doors at the local museums (free entrance).
• Guided tours: itineraries of Girona.
- Collective singing of the International Day of the Educating City Song with the choir of grandparents, children, organisations and authorities.
- Healthy breakfast prepared by the local schools pupils.
- Recreational and educative activities; storytelling.
- Distribution of material to raise awareness and with educative purposes.
- Online campaign: #ICommitTo, sharing images of educating actions undertaken by citizens.
- Exchange of good practise carried out by educating cities.
- Conference: "Education transforms the City", delivered by key people in the field of education in Granollers.
- Presentation of the 15th María Gaja Scholarship to didactic projects on civic values.
- Interpretation of the educating city song by the Children’s Choir: “Amics de la Unió”.
Recording of the educating city song with 6 schools of the city and the municipal music band.
- Primary school counsellors from the city’s Youth Council will present the principles of the Educating City and their vision of the current city to L’Hospitalet’s City Councillor of Education.
- Recreational activities in several schools of the city.
• Raising of the Educating Cities’ flag
• City council employees use the banner of the international day in their e-mail signatures
• Activities with high school students:
- Creating a Kahoot
• Activities with primary school pupils:
- Interpretation of the educating city song (with choreography)
- Visit to an exhibition on underwater photography
- Raising of the eco-schools project flag
- Awards ceremony: excellence merit prize and eco-menta prize (the latter devoted to healthy food)
- Theatre play
- Healthy meal
• Origami I Commit To and brainstorming on its values. Each pupil prepares a board on their commitments for the weekend.
- Dissemination of the celebration of the International Day through the educational facilities of the city.
- Collective singing and recording of the educating city song.
- Recreational activities in the public spaces of the city, organised with other local institutions
- Online campaign: #ICommitTo to raise awareness on the citizens’ commitment with the educating city.
- Reading of a declaration of commitment with the Educating City Charter
- Artistic exhibitions
- Activity with a collective loom related to the theme of the celebration, Building a Network of Shared Commitments.
- Development and reading of the manifesto, showing the commitment of Mataró with the Educating City.
- Video screening: Mataró, Educating City during the establishment of the Childhood Council.
- Reading of the manifesto by the members of the Childhood Council, at their schools and other educational events.
Family fair addressed to the members of the Project El Lider sos Vos:
- Reflection on how families can build networks of shared commitments
- Artistic and cultural activities
- Origami I Commit To
- Healthy breakfast.
- Award ceremony – Contest: Safe and Healthy School Path.
- Reading of the international day manifesto by the Mayor.
Organisation of 25 activities by the City Council, the Education Council and the Ontinyent Campus (University of Valencia):
- Concert by the Music Conservatory teachers; Fair of Associations led by the Youth Council; conversations workshops in French and Pub Quiz, organised by the Language School; theatre play in English; Guitar workshops.
- Meeting with students awarded with the extraordinary prize; self-defence workshop for women; urban planning and childhood; conference on informal education; vocational training workshop; discussion of 3 educative proposals at the City Council plenary session; meeting to implement “shared classroom programmes”
- Presentation of Metrominute, a panel showing the walking distance and time between city areas; setting in place of pictograms in municipal buildings so that autistic children can identify better these public spaces.
- Activities of the 8th Ontinyent Autumn University.
- Award ceremony – Ordizia Educating City, in recognition of educative initiatives that benefit the city.
- Reading of the Charter of Educating Cities.
- Institutional declaration at the plenary session of the City Council.
- Conference on educative issues.
- Exhibition: artistic work undertaken by local pupils with the theme “sustainable mobility”.
- Presentation of the project “Council of Childhood Participation”.
- Participatory day with children and families to share their views on the education community.
- Educative activities to encourage the participation of children.
- Artwork exhibition, produced by local pupils.
- Origami “I Commit To” distributed in schools, playgrounds and to families.
- Commemorative event with the participation of the Mayor and the City Council coordinator of the Educating City project.
- Cultural activities for citizens.
- Storytelling and presentation of a tale to foster values of participation and living together.
Senior Citizens' calculation on the abacus Tournament, event scheduled in Pohang Lifelong Learning Center on 29th November.
- The City Council of Pontevedra would like to highlight the importance of education as a driver of human, social and economic development with a recognition event for retired teachers. The Mayor and the City Councillor of education received a delegation of retired teachers to thank them for their work.
- A hundred of primary school pupils attended the event and gave them an applause.
- Reading of the international day manifesto.
- Presentation of a cultural magazine linked to the International Day theme: Building a Network of Shared Commitments.
- Recreational activities for citizens.
- Singing of the Educating City Song.
- Signature of the Río Cuarto Educating City Pact.
- Activities in favour of children’s rights, educating campaign on violence against women, ad hoc education day.
- Professor Julio Pérez Educational Commitment Award.
Saha-gu holds the ‘Literacy Golden Bell Contest’ and illustrated poem exhibition to celebrate the 3rd International Day of the Educating City. This celebratory event is to share outcomes of literacy learners and to promote their learning motivation. Saha-gu also expects that the event also contribute to spread the culture of lifelong learning and the activities of the IAEC in the region.
- Educational Actions Fair
- Photography exhibition
- Award to outstanding educative activities of the municipality
- Recreational and educative activities for children and adults linked to principle 2 of the Educating Cities’ Charter.
- On this International Day of Educating Cities, Santo André proudly presents an action of the "Green Coin" Project that encourages the exchange of recyclable waste by fresh vegetables.
With this project the citizens receives 1 pound of food free of charge by delivering 5 pounds of recyclable waste. Every 15 days, a mobile agency of the City Hall goes to the most needy communities and makes the exchange.
-The project aims to meet the needs of poor communities and at the same time promote awareness about the importance of recycling waste to contribute to environmental preservation.
- Exhibition of artworks awarded at the ESD (Education for Susetainable Development) Poster Drawing Contest.
- Performance with local women with the will to practice SDGs.
Festival of Education: "Education for Creative, Critical, Civuc thinking". From 29 November to Sunday 2 December, over 200 events, meetings, presentations and debates. Over 82 good practices and ateliers open to all citizens, involving schools, museums, libraries, foundations. foundations, art centres and much more.
Local institutions (educative, sportive, related to migration, etc.) are invited to take pictures of themselves showing the logo of the Educating City with their hands. This gesture symbolizes the will to work together, building a shared network of commitments to provide the best possible learning opportunities for citizens. Over 20 institutions joined in the celebration.
- Educative initiatives open to citizens, based in the Charter of Educating Cities’ values.
- 1st School Week on Equality, which takes place in 59 schools of the city, with over 7000 pupils and 200 teachers.
Recognition event for teachers retired in the previous year and to pupils awarded with the prize of academic excellence. The Mayor and the City Councillor for education attended the event, also open to all citizens committed to education in the city.
- Public reading of the manifesto Vitoria-Gasteiz Educating City by all political groups.
- The 27 city councillors of the municipal plenary signed the letter of support in recognition of the international day by the UN.
- Guided free visits to raise awareness on the work of the architect that upgraded Zaragoza’s image on the 19th century (Ricardo Magdalena). Recent artwork dissemination
. 15th city council session for children. 6 schools participate.
- Recognition of Zaragoza’s City Council as Child Friendly City
- Singing of the Educating City song by the teachers of the Municipal Conservatory of Music and the Municipal School of Music and dance.