The IAEC Travelling Exhibition visits Portugal
The Lisbon City Councilor for Civil Defense, Education and Sport, Mr. Manuel Brito, and the IAEC General Secretary, Ms Marina Canals, opened the Travelling Exhibition "Educating Cities: Local Actions, Global Values" at the Torreao Nascente of Lisbon last January 22nd.
Lisbon is the third city which hold the second edition of the exhibition after Paysandú and Rosario. The travelling exhibition will take place in 3 other member cities until mid-2013: Sorocaba (Brazil), Praia (Cape Verde), and Gandia (Spain).
The aim of this exhibition is:
• to spread experiences undertaken in 6 member cities that illustrate some implementations of the principles of the Educating Cities Chart.
• To foster awareness over the educating potential of cities and to promote the commitment of cities towards education in a broad sense.
• To spread the IAEC.
• To promote new forms of cooperation among member cities.
Health and culture are the common issues of the 6 experiences presented:
• Paysandú: Culture access
• Sorocaba: Health Promotion
• Rosario: Urban hygiene and environmental care
• Praia: Democratization of sport
• Lisbon: Training of city council workers
• Gandia: University of aged people
A project on Information Technologies and Social cohesion from Tampere, presented during the first stage, links the two editions of the exhibition.
The exhibition has the financial support of the Spanish Agency on International Cooperation for Development (AECID).
For further information please visit the exhibition portal on http://www.edcities-expo.org