Meeting of the Argentina Network of Educating Cities
The Meeting of the Argentina Network of Educating Cities (RACE): “Education and early childhood, the role of the Educating City” takes place in Cosquín on 26th July.
The following cities participate in the event: Armstrong, Bulnes, Cañada de Gómez, Chañar Ladeado, Coronel Baigorria, Coronel Moldes, Cosquín, General Alvear, Godoy Cruz, Río Cuarto, Rosario, San Francisco, San Justo and Totoras.
The Mayor of Cosquín, Mr. Gabriel Musso, opens the meeting, together with the President of the City Council of Cosquín (Ms. Laura Bié), the Director of the IAEC Delegation for Latin America (Ms. Laura Alfonso) and the Subdirector of Educating Cities in Godoy Cruz, city coordinator of the Argentina Network (Prof. Mabel Rosales).
Next, the initiatives foreseen for the coming months and the progress made in the RACE action plan are presented. Suggestions and proposals from participant cities are collected.
The meeting also includes a conference by writer and pedagogue Ms. María Emilia López, and the presentation of the following initiatives on early childhood:
- Nursery programme. A holistic learning experience (Coronel Baigorría)
- Physical activity in the city nurseries (Cosquín)
- Early childhoold support with respect (General Alvear)
- The strategies of the childhood leaflet in a holistic approach to early childhood (Rosario)
- English for all (San Francisco)
- Education and early childhood, a cross-cutting public policy (San Justo)
A working document summing up the proposals of the cities to face the challenges posed by education and early childhoold is presented.
The workshop ends with an exchange an ideas and a presentation on the celebration of the international day of the educating city, which will take place on 30th November 2018.